Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What's in a name?

Photo by "Denea"
Reborn! <--That's what the literal meaning of my middle name is. Isn't it wonderful? I think so, and here's why: When I was little and people gave me small items with my name (my first name that is-->Tiffany) they would display my name with the meaning: "the appearance of God".


At first glance I thought this to be cocky, some might say down right blasphemous. But then for what my mind could come up with as a teenager, I thought, "oh, I get it, like the image of God that we're all created in." Well after a while that didn't suffice because it sounded too generic....uh yeah! <--no humility needed there! ;-)
So, annyway... it seemed that for whatever reason I was never really satisfied with the meaning of my name. My thought process was somewhere along the lines of "That's not fair! My name is so generic, everybody is made in the image of God, so what makes me special?"


Later in life(after I'd matured somewhat, and also given my life over to Christ) I was encouraged by a dear sister in Christ (the beautiful and lovely Kitara) who happened to be the MC for a Scoob Serious concert at the time. She really hit home the message to truely, deeply, know the meaning of your name.
I was really thinking about the meaning of my name (0nce again) and I thought [or the Lord brought to mind, rather] in order for a person to have the "appearance of God" they need to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. And when you approach someone, or are around someone who has that relationship and spends a lot of time in His presence there's a certain aura around them, and sometimes when we can't figure out what it is, it is simply this: they're giving off the essence of Christ or His anointing (they can't even help it, they're filled to the brim with the Holy Spirit and so in tune with where God wants them that they're overflowing with His essence). I thought that this is what it truely means to have the "appearance of God". Now my name means so much more because I have an opportunity to truely live up to it. For, in order for me to have the "appearance of God" I must first be in a deeply personal relationship with Jesus Christ and I must have made Him the Lord over my life and I must spend time in His presence(which He so graciously offers for us daily regardless of circumstance). So, how delighted was I when I realized how beautifully my two names fit together, for in order to have the "appearance of God" I must be (as Jesus himself put it -John3:3) "Born again" which is the literal meaning of my middle name. How precious of Our Lord and Savior to think of us individually-Psalm 139 but to also be blessed to recieve a name that carries with me (regardless of my last name changing because of marriage) a meaning that glorifies a life overflowing with the Master of the Universe, Our Wonderful Creator, the reconcilliation of fallen man with His forgiving and loving Lord, Christ Himself. A life full of love, joy, peace and happiness, the truest fulfillment of all time! How absolutely wonderful! I shall never be the same again. For I am truely blessed with so much from My Lord that I could never have imagined on my own. Ultimately the relationship with Him that is so precious and near to my heart. To me, He is the only thing worth living for...that is for a few more entries. But for now, I will never have to miss out on an opportunity to glorify God in reference to the meaning of my name. Praise Him always. -Tiffany Renee


btw- happy Easterddd<-These look like tulips, but who knows, maybe they were meant to be webbed feet :o)

No comments: